POST SOME POSTS!

Thoughts on current build of pre alpha

rekrek A tent near the shieldbelt.
As the name implies. Discussion of current state of affaires of current UT build.

Comments

I played it for a few hours and met BuzzKillington (the same one from UT3) in some DM matches. Really fun! Also played some insta-gib and LOVED it. I think UT4 is going to be really good!
  • FK_nero nederlands
      yeah    like the  new unreal so far   
  • xeanderthal Hanging out in Legits closet looking at sticky pics of a 14 yr old Hannah Montana
    Lots of fun.  Still needs work, esp on movement (and no cars yet).

Lots of fun.  Still needs work, esp on movement (and no cars yet).

I wonder if they're going to add vehicles to this UT. Part of me would really miss it, but I think the diversity (some people loved 
    'normal' UT without vehicles, some people loved the vehicles) could have been part of the reason that the fan base was divided about UT3 and didn't stick with it.

Yes I want vehicles, but only if the majority of players do. If Epic makes a really solid UT with the core qualities of gameplay, speed, and skill, I will like it either way.
  • Flame_PrinceFlame_Prince United Kingdom
    They have it so that game types are customizable and with access to UE4, you can could create Vehicles and VCTF, however Flak and them have asked no one to make gametypes yet as they are still sorting out movements etc. (which needs sorting for sure)

After I finish education next month, I might try my hand at creating maps and learning UE4, (after I learn more about Cinema 4D)
  • LegitBearLegitBear Igloo
    I know some people on the forums have complained about VCTF and hate it, and there is a debate between normal CTF and VCTF.
  • Remote_Remote_ No.

'normal' UT without vehicles, some people loved the vehicles) could have been part of the reason that the fan base was divided about UT3 and didn't stick with it.

I never understood the the way people who weren't still sticking around when I joined, which was rather late into UT3's life cycle, perceived UT3. UT2k4, which is more active up to this point, does also have vehicles. Competitive players don't seem to be that interested in it, either. All the stuff you see in videos of more recent events is Domination, TDM and, of course, the height of all competitive UT, Duel.

Regarding that, is it some sponsor thing like it is in TF2's 6v6 vs Highlander (9v9), where the former gets favored much more by sponsors because it's less players to pay trips for? Or is dueling held in such high regard because it is the way to improve your skills and to show them off?
  • Alex1902 Montreal, Canada
    edited April 2015 Posts: 0
    LegitBear said:

I know some people on the forums have complained about VCTF and hate it, and there is a debate between normal CTF and VCTF.

This debate is pointless. If the topic was "Would it be better to implement CTF or vCTF", there could be a debate. However, it was never about having one or another, but BOTH. It's additionnal content. Epic already stated in the forums that they are focusing on the core mechanics before thinking about vehicule game modes. CTF will be in the game and balanced.There will be gamemodes with vehicules, i'm pretty sure about it, but can't confirm it. vCTF was one of the most popular game modes from UT3 and it would be the easiest to implement, as maps can be made symetrical (compared to Assault for instance). Competitive players might like more Duel/DM/CTF, but casual usually like vehicule gamemodes more. People still play vCTF/warfare on the EU side in UT3. This, way more than our DM/TDM in NA. 

In the end, it's what Epic wants their game to be. You'll most likely spread out your playerbase by having vehicule game modes, but you'll most likely attract more people.

About the rocket launcher, why when you charge rockets you get a burst fire of 3 rockets, which is the exact thing as if you click the left button 2 times when holding the right button?
    Post edited by Alex1902 on
    I'm not sure, however I have noticed that I aim a lot better on UT4 than UT3 for some reason, lol
    it seems a lot faster than UT3 probably why
  • RaptorRaptor San Diego
    Actually I'm pretty sure UT4 is slower right now.  The dodging isn't as snappy / responsive as previous games, and the base movement speed is also not quite as fast.  Maybe since they added acceleration to walking there could be the misconception that the game speed is faster.  Unless you're talking about the rockets and link primary, which got a huge speed increase.  Hopefully that will be fixed along with the movement sometime soon.
    I'm not used to the splash damage on this game lol. I've done one game in the Dallas DM server, finished 30-12, and got like at least 6-7 suicides. I don't know if they count it as death tough, because I was sure I died more lol.
    Post edited by Alex1902 on
    Yeah I heard that they reduced the rocket splash by 15% with the minimum damage being 15 on impact

I heard that stinger alt fire is supposed to have a rapid speed increase as well

stinger alt fire

I kind of like that the stinger alt fire sticks in the wall and can do damage afterwards! I still think though that the primary fire of the weapon should have damage falloff: more damage up close, next to none from far away.
  • Remote_Remote_ No.

stinger alt fire

I kind of like that the stinger alt fire sticks in the wall and can do damage afterwards! I still think though that the primary fire of the weapon should have damage falloff: more damage up close, next to none from far away.
    You can actually jump to certain levels and perpetually glide along walls after a hammer jump with these shards.

Look here

Post edited by Remote_ on
    Oh wow, I never new that was possible, I could imagine people using that a lot in VCTF (Anarchyhalls, lol)
    I also didnt know you could wall slide as well :O
    Has anyone played the pre-alpha since? I was playing it after quite some time, and I really enjoyed the improvements that they have made towards it, they sorted out some of the movement problems and the weapons as well :o
  • FK_nero nederlands
     stop playing it  now    hit box  and weapons are too over powert 
      new players are  even good no skill neated 
    I admit in the previous builds that really annoyed me, almost as if the game was becoming more of a current gen shooter in Call of Duty and battlefield where a few bullets is all that requires.
    Games like Unreal Tournament, Quake and even Timesplitters (which is also getting a fan-driven HD remake on PC as well) are better imo as they project your current HP and allow the possibilities of getting health back. :)

Awesome update
    It would be friggin awesome if my PC could run the bloody game... (I have an old PC as you can probably guess...)
  • rekrek A tent near the shieldbelt.
    pre alpha just had a nother update! i still play this at least once a week online, and every couple of days off.

rek said:

pre alpha just had a nother update! i still play this at least once a week online, and every couple of days off.

What's new? What's cool? What's worth playing it right now for?
    When the start making them vehicles... the world will change...